Skip Navigation

Korea University



Withdrawal from a majorPioneering intellectuals, innovating KU!


Academic Regulations

Article 36 Section 3, Academic Operations Regulations Article 104, 111, 119, 134, 135, 136

Student who would like to either ① Cancel the acceptance of 2nd major or ② Withdrawing from a 2nd major after commencing it shall apply for approval to withdraw in accordance with established procedures at least one month prior to the end of the semester.

2nd Major (Double major, Interdisciplinary major, student-designed major), double major, minor

Withdrawal Period
At least one month prior to the end of the semester. Please check KUPID for more detailed schedule,
Withdrawal Procedure
http://portal.korea.ac.kr → Academic Records / Graduation → Academic Information → Withdrawal from a major(s)
Guidelines on Major Withdrawal
  1. 1
    The mandatory regulation of completing a second major is applied to students entering from 2004 onward. Student subject to this regulation must complete one of the followings; 1) intensive major course of first major 2) double major 3) interdisciplinary major 4) student-designed major.(Applicant who is transferred with a bachelor's degree can choose not to complete a second major. Student who wishes to cancel the acceptance of 2nd major and pursues an intensive course of the first major or other second major should complete withdrawal procedure.
  2. 2
    Student, who wishes to cancel current double/interdisciplinary/Student-Designed/engineering authentication program and re-apply, shall complete withdrawal procedure procedure within a stipulated period of time. Re-application to a major could only be accepted once. As for Double Degree, no re-application is permitted.
  3. 3
    To withdraw from the double major option and undertake the intensive major, students should submit a request for withdrawal at least one month.
  4. 4
    Students may convert the double major to another second major only once; however, the frequency restriction shall not apply to student who change their affiliation in accordance with the campus affiliation change policy and transfer their affiliation to the double major approved before the affiliation change.
  5. 5
    As for a student who withdraws from the Double Degree program after commencing it shall apply for a withdrawal at http://portal.korea.ac.kr → Student Records/Graduation → Academic Information → Withdrawal from a major
  6. 6
    Those who wish to graduate in February/August must complete the withdrawal procedure before the ends of January/July. 
  7. 7
    Students who neither apply for withdrawal nor register for the semester are conferred with the bachelor's degree of the first major in accordance with the degree conferral schedule of the subsequent semester.
  • General: Department Office of the corresponding department/division in each college/school (Multi Majors)
  • Others: Academic class supporting team(3290-1082)